Dates & Deadlines
Applications for admission must be completed by the following deadlines.
Candidates are responsible for making certain that their applications are completed in time. Check your application status any time by logging into my.plattsburgh.edu and clicking on the Admissions tab at the top.
Programs With a Feb. 1 Deadline (Fall Entry Only)
- Speech-Language Pathology (M.A.)
- School Psychology (M.A./C.A.S.)
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling (M.S.)
- Student Affairs & Higher Education (M.S.)
- Data Analytics (M.S.) - Summer Entry Required
Programs With an April 1 Deadline (Fall Entry Only)
- Communication Disorders (Post-Bachelor's Certificate)
Programs with Rolling Admission
- Adolescence Education (M.S.T.) — fall entry only
- Childhood Education (M.S.T.) — fall entry only
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling (C.A.S.) — spring or fall entry
- Fitness & Wellness Leadership (M.S.) — spring, summer, or fall entry
- Natural Science (M.S.) — spring or fall entry
- Professional Science Masters in Environmental Science (M.S.) — spring or fall entry
- School Building Leader (C.A.S.) — spring, summer or fall entry
- School District Leader (Certificate) — spring, summer or fall entry
- Special Education (M.S.Ed.) — spring, summer or fall entry
- Teacher Leadership (Certificate) — spring, summer or fall entry
The deadline for rolling admission programs is six weeks prior to the semester start, but applying sooner can make the process less stressful. Keep in mind that transcripts and recommendations can often take weeks to arrive at our office, and the department needs time to review your file with their admission committee.
Note: If you are applying to a program with rolling admission and are seeking financial aid opportunities such as graduate assistantships, the Diversity Fellowship, or the NEA residency grant, your admission application must be completed by Feb. 15.
Program Interview Dates
If selected for an on-campus interview, you will be notified by your academic department and invited to campus. Interviews for programs with February deadlines typically take place in February and early March. Interviews are required or may be required for Counselor Education (Clinical Mental Health Counseling and Student Affairs & Higher Education), Data Analytics, Fitness & Wellness Leadership, School Psychology, Speech-Language Pathology, Adolescence Education, and Childhood Education. Candidates will be contacted by the program department about setting up interview dates and times.
SUNY Plattsburgh requires a $250 non-refundable tuition deposit for all graduate programs. Some programs may require the deposit to be submitted by a certain deadline. The tuition deposit payment will be applied toward your tuition bill for the semester in which you are matriculating.
The tuition deposit can be waived if you are the recipient of a graduate assistantship or Diversity Fellowship, or if you are unable to pay the tuition deposit but wish to accept an offer of admission. Please note that you will not be eligible to register for classes until your tuition deposit is either paid or waived.
Often, applications received after the deadline may still be considered! Contact the Graduate Admissions Office to inquire as to whether applications are still being accepted.