Study Abroad & Exchange Programs
Congratulations on taking the first step toward enriching your college education through a study abroad program! SUNY Plattsburgh offers options in Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, Japan, Spain, the United Kingdom and more!
Gain A Global Perspective
With more than 600 study abroad locations across the world, the opportunities to explore are endless. SUNY Plattsburgh also participates in the National Student Exchange, allowing you to study at 200+ campuses throughout the United States.
87% of students said studying abroad influenced future educational experiences.
IES Abroad, "The Benefits of Study Abroad"
Frequently Asked Questions
We answer your most pressing Study Abroad questions here. Please don't hesitate to reach out with any other questions or concerns. Our office is here to help.
- Q: Does financial aid apply when I study abroad?
- Q: Are there any scholarships?
- Q: Can I work overseas?
- Q: Does SUNY Plattsburgh send passport and visa forms?
- Q: What happens if I get sick when I'm away from home?
- Q: Will I be able to fill my prescriptions overseas?
- Q: What happens when I arrive in a foreign country?
- Q: How do I register for classes overseas?
- Q: Will I be able to travel on my holidays?
- Q: Can I take any classes that I want to take when I am in a study abroad program?
- Q: What is “catering” of meals?
- Q: What does it mean if a room is “en-suite?”
- Q: How do I know when the semesters begin and end in Australia if their seasons are the opposite of ours?
- Q: Can I bring my cell phone?
- Q: Are there restrictions on what I can bring back to the United States?
- Q: What is the best way to handle my money while I am overseas?
- Q: Can I use a credit card in another country?
- Q: Can I vote when I am overseas?