Accreditation & Certification Exam Pass Rates
SUNY Plattsburgh Teacher Education Accreditation Goals, Themes and Pass Rates
Plattsburgh’s Teacher Education programs are designed to prepare competent, qualified, and caring teachers for tomorrow’s schools. The programs are accredited by the Teacher Education Accreditation Council (national accreditation) for a period of seven years, from October 2014 to October 2021.
Accreditation and Exam Performance Information
As part of its endeavor toward TEAC accreditation, the professional education faculty at SUNY Plattsburgh had developed a shared vision that is exemplified within the unit’s submitted self-study. The unit is currently pursuing reaccreditation through the Association for Advancing Quality in Educator Preparation (AAQEP). In this pursuit, the unit’s shared vision remains, “to prepare teachers and school leaders who are competent, confident and professional dedicated to the public educational mission.” Our mission is, “to educate candidates with the specialized knowledge, skills and dispositions essential to meeting the educational needs of students in a dynamic world. A key part of that education is the cultivated understanding of the interrelationship between academic content, pedagogical application, continued learning and the moral and political considerations of working with students.”
This mission is manifested within the unit’s learning outcomes which are embodied, for aspiring teachers, in the Interstate Teacher Assessment and Support Consortium (InTASC) standards, and, for aspiring educational leaders, the Professional Standards for Educational Leaders (PSEL).
These standards drive our quality control system and assessment of our programs, which, in turn, address the both the AAQEP Standards, and the New York State Teaching Standards. The unit assessments that make up our quality control system include:
- New York State Teacher Certification Exam — Content Specialty Tests
- New York State Teacher Certification Exam — Educating All Students Test
- New York State Teacher Certification Exam — Education Teacher Performance Assessment (edTPA)
- Student Teaching Performance/Educational Leadership Internship Performance
- Professional Teaching and Leadership Dispositions
- Content and Education Grade Point Averages
- Perceptions of Program Quality from Alumni and Employers
These assessments inform the Education Unit’s progress on meeting the AAQEP standards.
- Accreditation Reports
- Current Plattsburgh Education Unit Certification Exam Performance 2017–2018