Technology Enhanced Learning Unit
Leading campus services in online learning, instructional technology, software training and instructional design.
Energized with a strong customer service philosophy, our LITS Technology-Enhanced Learning (TEL) unit supports faculty in the vital and fast-evolving area of learning technologies, delivering high-value technology enhancements to the teaching and learning environment at SUNY Plattsburgh.
Services for Faculty
- Online Learning, course design, and connections with Open SUNY
- Instructional design and pedagogy
- Instructional technologies
- Personalized consultations
- Training and support for Moodle, Mahara ePortfolio, Adobe Creative Suite applications and Zoom
Virtual, one-on-one consultations are available via Zoom to address the tech issues most important to you.
From course design guidance for fully online and hybrid courses covering both technology and pedagogy issues, to help with specific Moodle, Mahara, Zoom or multimedia challenges, if it's a question regarding an application of teaching with technology, we'll help you find an answer.
- Explore TEL Personalized Services
- Set up an appointment today. Schedule your session by logging into our appointment system. If none of the scheduled blocks fit with your availability, send us an email indicating your area of interest or question. We will be in touch with you to set up a consultative session. Email: [email protected]
While COVID-19 has necessitated the change to remote delivery, TEL offers many workshops via Zoom.
SUNY Plattsburgh uses the Moodle Learning Management System (LMS) to deliver online, hybrid and web-enhanced courses and course materials. Additionally, LITS provides access to Adobe Creative Suite to all faculty, staff and students.
TEL provides a variety of workshops to assist you with designing and delivering your courses and the original content they contain.
A complete list is available on our Workshop Schedule page where you can also register and reserve a spot. View the workshop schedule.
Teaching: Online, Hybrid & Web-Enhanced
Throughout the year, TEL delivers 2 ½-day and five-week Teaching with Moodle workshops. They provide faculty with hands-on experience using virtually all of the tools that Moodle has to offer along with pedagogical reasons for when and why these tools should be used. These workshops are also designed to help faculty and staff make the most of the campus learning management system.
Either workshop opportunity will satisfy requirements for faculty wishing to teach a fully online or hybrid course.
- IMPORTANT: While faculty usually are required to complete workshop training at least one semester before teaching their course, this requirement has been temporarily suspended due to the COVID pandemic. Nevertheless, we strongly recommend that faculty attend.
Digital Scholarship Lab
Located on level three in Feinberg Library, our Digital Scholarship Lab (DSL) provides specialized hardware and software and collaborative space for faculty and their designated students to work together using digital evidence, methods of inquiry, research, publication, and preservation to achieve scholarly and research goals. To schedule a session, email: [email protected]