Winter session is a perfect time to catch up or get ahead on credits, improve your GPA, or take a course of personal interest.
Two Convenient Course Sessions
Online Session: Dec. 23, 2019 - Jan. 24, 2020
Winter Session online courses will begin on Dec. 23, 2019 and end on Jan. 24, 2020; however, since some courses are fewer than three credits they can be scheduled in a variety of ways. Please refer to Banner Web for the exact course dates.
On-Campus Session: Jan. 6 - 24, 2020
Winter Session on-campus courses will officially be held from Jan. 6 - 24. Please refer to the Banner Web for exact course dates.
"Benefit from small classes and quality time with top-notch professors."
Important Dates and Deadlines
|Event||Date and Time|
|Winter 2020 course advisement for matriculated students begins||Oct. 21, 2019 at 8 a.m.|
|Graduate and undergraduate students' Winter Session 2020 priority registration begins||Oct. 28, 2019 at 7:30 a.m.|
|Non-matriculated students' Winter Session 2020 registration begins||Nov. 4, 2019 at 7:30 a.m.|
|Winter Session five-week, online classes begin||Dec. 23, 2019|
|Winter Session three-week, on-campus classes begin||Jan. 6, 2020|
|Last day to register for Winter Session 2020 three-week courses||Jan. 7, 2020 at 11:30 p.m.|
|No classes held||Martin Luther King Jr. Day (Jan. 20)|
|Winter Session ends||Jan. 24, 2020|
Winter Registration Guidebook
This guidebook provide information about all aspects of academic semesters and special sessions, including:
- Tuition and fees
- Financial aid
- Online courses
- Programs and course listings.
Frequently Asked Questions About Winter Session
How Many Credits Can I Take During Winter Session?
Answer: The maximum number of credit hours allowed during winter session is seven credits for undergraduate and graduate students.
Students may be granted permission to exceed the maximum number of credits allowed per session by completing the Permission for Credit Overload form. This form requires written approval from the student's academic adviser and department chairperson; non-matriculated students must receive permission from the director of admissions.
- Can I Take More Than One Course At a Time?
- How Do I Register Online Via Banner Web?
- Banner Web (Online Registration)
- Is Housing Available?
- Is Food Service Available?
- When Will My Winter Session Bill Be Available?
- How Do I Pay My Winter Session Bill?
- Do I Need to Apply to the College to Take a Course?
- Do I Have to Be a Student at SUNY Plattsburgh to Take a Winter Session Course?
- What If I Have Questions About a Course?
- How Do I Find Out About My Winter Session Grades?
- Where Do I Purchase Winter Session Course Textbooks?
- How Do I Withdraw from a Winter Session Course?
- Am I Liable For Tuition Even If I Don't Attend A Winter Session Course?