Information for Non-Matriculated Students
A non-matriculated student is a student who is not currently enrolled in a degree program.
How to Register For Courses
Step 1: Apply
Complete and submit the online Non-Matriculated Student Registration Form before the published start date. This must be done every semester for which you would like to register as a non-matriculated student. The online form is submitted directly and requires no further action.
Step 2: Receive Registration Approval
The registrar’s office will forward an email to you after your application is processed. The email will provide your assigned date and time to access Banner Web to complete the registration process. All applications must be received at least two business days prior to the start date of classes.
- Winter 2022: non-matriculated student registration begins Nov. 8, 2021 (10 a.m.). Registration deadline for 5 week courses: Jan. 2, 2022, for 3 week courses: Jan. 11, 2022.
- Spring 2022: non-matriculated student registration begins Jan. 10, 2022 (10 a.m.) through Feb. 6, 2022 (11:30 p.m.).
Step 3: Register on Banner Web
- Non-matriculated students register for classes on a space-available basis. SUNY Plattsburgh reserves the right to deny entry to a class if a non-matriculated student does not meet the prerequisite or other established registration criteria.
- Non-matriculated students may register for a maximum of 11 credit hours each semester (fall/spring).
- Non-matriculated graduate students who plan to matriculate into a graduate program may apply a maximum of 12 graduate credit hours accrued as a non-matriculated student toward a graduate program. We strongly recommend that you discuss your plans with an adviser in the appropriate department before taking any courses.
- Register for courses on Banner Web once your application is approved. Banner Web registration instructions are listed below.
Banner 9SSB Web Online Registration Instructions
- Access Banner Web from Plattsburgh’s homepage at www.plattsburgh.edu
- Click on the MyPlattsburgh link.
- Login with your NetID and Password. Questions about using your SUNY Plattsburgh NetID and password?
- Click on Student menu.
- Under Registrar, click on “Lookup Courses to Add”.
- On the Select Term page, Select Term (Winter 2022 or Spring 2022)
- Enter your PIN in the “Alternate PIN” field if prompted
- This is the code you received from your department, needed only from your first registration entry of a session.
- If you receive an error message based upon a hold, follow the instructions to clear.
- Click “Continue”
- To search for a course, enter Subject and Course Number and click "Search". You may also select "Advanced Search" to enter more specific course search criteria.
- The “Status” column, will list the remaining seats available or a FULL status for the section.
- Click “Add” next to the desired course(s).
- Click “Search Again” to return to the Advanced Search and enter next course search criteria
- Complete your course schedule, scroll down to select "Submit" in the bottom right corner of the page.
- Review the schedule.
- Click Panels at the bottom left of the search results block, to see course day/time on class schedule for the term, on the “Schedule” tab.
- Click “Schedule Detail” tab, to see course term dates, titles, number of credits, instructor, location and more.
- Help is available by e-mailing the registrar’s office at [email protected], or by telephone at 518-564-2100.
Note: These documents require Acrobat Reader, which is available as a free download.
- Registration-related forms can be found by visiting the Registrar Forms page.
Paying Your Bill, Refunds & Advances
- Information on Tuition Fees and Refund Schedule can be found by visiting this page.