Student Employment Opportunities
Information for students wishing to work in:
- Feinberg Library
- Feinberg’s Main Computer Lab
- Computer Helpdesk
- Interlibrary Loan
- Media Services
Library and Information Technology Services (LITS) is looking for students who are committed to excellent customer service. Candidates also should have good interpersonal skills, be dependable, be able to arrive on time for work, pay great attention to detail and possess leadership potential.
The largest campus employer of students, we hire approximately 65 students per semester and many are work-study students. So, if you qualify for a work-study award, please consider accepting it. Your work-study status has no impact on your pay rate or hours.
More than a Paycheck
Students working in LITS have the opportunity to develop serious career-enhancing skills.
Begin the process by completing our Student Employment Application Form.
Applications will be accepted until all positions are filled. Return completed applications to Feinberg Library’s 2nd floor service desk or one of the following email addresses:
- Library: [email protected]
- InterLibrary Loan: [email protected]
- Help Desk: [email protected]
- Media: [email protected]
If you have questions about individual jobs, please contact the LITS Unit Coordinator in the area of your job interest.
Full-time, registered, matriculated, students are eligible for employment in Library and Information Technology Services. Students are employed through the Federal Work Study Program and SUNY Plattsburgh’s temporary service programs.
Jobs Available & Descriptions
- Helpdesk/ResNet Technician
- Media Technician
- Interlibrary Loan Assistant
LITS Assistant, LITS Associate
- Job Description: The LITS Assistant position is responsible for monitoring the Feinberg Computer Lab and adjoining computer facilities. Students are responsible for taking population counts, keeping the facilities in order and assisting students using scanners and other hardware/software available in the lab. Students will be trained to use binding and laminating machines. Students may be asked to run errands and help in the office as well. The LITS Associate job is an internally promoted position for individuals with experience and demonstrated leadership qualities.
- Experience Required: keyboarding, computer literacy, good interpersonal skills and attention to detail. Must be willing to commit to working a full semester. Opportunities for advancement. Previous experience in a library, restaurant or retail store desirable.
- Hours: Monday–Thursday from 8 a.m.–midnight; Friday from 8 a.m.–8 p.m.; Saturday from 11 a.m.–8 p.m.; Sunday from noon to midnight.
- Contact Jennifer Bleaux for more information.
Interlibrary Loan Assistant
- Job Description:
- Experience Required: Attention to detail; good communication skills (oral and written). Technical skills a plus. Must commit to full semester including exam week.
- Hours: Monday–Friday, 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m.
- Contact Ethel Facteau for more information.
- Job Description: Duties include but may not be limited to answering phones, software and hardware installation and troubleshooting, performing on-site visits to assist faculty/staff and students, and computer setup and deliveries. Successful candidates will also need good customer service skills and the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Experience Required: Must have technical experience.
- Hours: 8 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
- Contact Matt Allen for more information.
- Job Description: Assist in providing support for classrooms, including multimedia programming in the Yokum Communications/Lecture Hall and the delivery, retrieval and operation of audiovisual equipment. Equipment includes data projectors, computers, VCRs, televisions, overhead and slide projectors. Successful applicants should be able to follow written instructions and work well on their own. On-the-job training is provided. Experience with audiovisual equipment is helpful but not necessary.
- Experience Required: AV experience preferred but not necessary. Will train.
- Hours: 7:30 a.m.–10 p.m., Monday–Thursday; 7:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m. Friday.
- Contact Deb Brunner for more information.